What this post is about ?
As title indicates this post is about configuring Swift Explorer with Spectrum Scale object store.
What we will need ?
1) A cluster with spectrum scale installed
2) Object service given by spectrum scale should be enable and configured with keystone
3) A client on which you can install Swift Explorer.
4) Your cluster should be pingable by client.
How to use Swift Explorer ?
1. Download Swift Explorer.
2. Install application.
3. Connect it to object store with proper authentication.
And that's it !! You are ready to go..
Let's me show you how I configure Swift Explorer for IBM Spectrum Scale -
My Spectrum Scale cluster configuration -
All you need to access Spectrum Scale object store is keystone v2.0 endpoints.
If you don't have it already you can create it using following commands :
Endpoints for Spectrum Scale on my machine looks like -
Configuration for Swift Explorer -
You can download Swift Explorer from it here as per client machine requirements.
Install the application
(I am using windows client)
Open the application once you are done with installation.
Click on "Account" and select "Keystone Login"
It will popup a form for keystone credentials as shown in image.
Fill the credentials for keystone and click on "Ok"
If your credentials are correct it will open the explorer when you can see the containers and objects in that container